Project Management based on ordering people around, kicking butt, and taking names may get results quicker but there is a huge negative impact to employee morale, team performance, and long term success. An internal examination of how our philosophy differs from this approach helps us continue to yield better results on current and future project.
- Our strategy is to inspire and motivate.
- We own the project, and strive to produce emotional energy to inspire team members to consistently achieve their targets.
- iAS is driven by Innovation, constantly searching for new knowledge and new ideas, willing to learn better methods and make sure all employees expand their knowledge base and skills.
- Our approach differs from the one-way communication methods employed by some managers, by encouraging interactive communication, being receptive to both positive and negative feedback, and by listening to all project stakeholders alike.
- As experience has shown on some of our own projects, some managers need everything proven to them, and take pride in saying “NO!.” We embrace diversity and remain highly receptive to new ideas and people who share different opinions than ours.
- iAS Directors maintain a high level of trust with their employees.
- On all projects we constantly endeavour to be ambitious, action oriented and come up with solutions to critical situations, and take calculated risks unlike other managers who resist making decisions and avoid risk.
- Our philosophy bases itself on assisting all project management team members to develop the skills they need to be more successful, empower employees to make decisions, observe performance and provide feedback.
- As innovative project managers we motivate and enjoy change, adapt quickly and see it as an opportunity. Others like things the way they are, will do anything to avoid change, and see change as a threat.
- Some project managers are pessimistic, unapproachable, push blame down the line and create smoke screens. What makes us different is that we realise the value of a positive attitude, treat everyone as special with his own merits, remain objective even with persons who do not share our same attitude, not afraid to apologise and admit mistakes, and maintain a positive frame of mind.
The difference outlined above may seem obvious, however we constantly reflect on the iAS values in our daily actions and decisions, which as highlighted above continues to portray us as the new brand of Project Managers.