Members of the commissioning team will be involved in the design phase and their responsibility does not include review for design concept, design criteria or compliance with codes but they must compare the design with the interest and needs of the client as identified in the client’s brief.
The primary role of the commissioning team at design stage is to review the design documents to facilitate commissioning during construction, such as:
1. Clear and rigorous design documentation, including detailed and complete sequences of operation.
2. Clear and complete commissioning specifications for the construction phase.
3. Complete O&M documentation requirements in the specifications.
4. Complete training requirements in the specifications.
5. Access of plant and components for commissioning and future maintenance
6. Adequate number of isolating valves, dampers, balancing valves etc., which will permit a proper commissioning procedure.